Saturday, May 8, 2010

Demon Possessed by Stacia Kane

Title:  Demon Possessed
Author:  Stacia Kane
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: February 2010
Stand alone or series:  Series
Book Length: 321
First Line:   ' The woman shifted on the ivory leather couch and smiled.  "Thank you for seeing me at such short notice Dr. Chase" '


Possible Spoilers in Synopsis/My Thoughts if you have not read the other two books!
Synopsis
A ROMANTIC INTERLUDE…OR A DATE WITH HELL?
Psychologist and psychic Megan Chase has grown remarkably comfortable hanging out with demons. The demon “family” she leads is happy, her slow practice is stabilizing, and she and her steamy demon lover Greyson Dante are closer than ever. But when the couple books a week at a luxury hotel to attend a meeting of demon leaders, some unanticipated problems appear.

An FBI agent with an unhealthy interest in less-than-legitimate demon business shows up; the demon community is urging Megan to undergo the rite that will make her a real demon; and a slightly shady minister is holding one of his wildly popular “weekend exorcisms” just down the road. And oh yes, someone with scary magical abilities is attempting to kill her.
Then, just when it seems as if things couldn’t possibly get any worse, a secret comes to light that could jeopardize Megan and Greyson’s future—if Megan manages to live that long. With things heating up, it’s becoming difficult to keep a cool head…

My Thoughts
Demon Possesed is the Third in the Megan Chase series.  I read this book in one sitting and have to admit, this is the best book so far in the series. 

At the beginning, we have Megan and Greyson heading off for a week long stay at a hotel for a Demon convention of sorts.  She's visited by an FBI agent snooping around and trying to bust the demons illegal activities and someone is trying to kill her.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat, almost all the way through.  Megan is such a lovable character and I can totally relate with her choices in matters regarding her life.  Greyson, whoa!!  What a hunk.  Totally drool worthy, even though at times he comes across as a bit of a .. insert inappropriate word here..   But still, very lovely bad boy material.  The Demon brothers had me laughing with their antics, their upfront emotions and personalites as a whole.  I know that if I could choose any body guards, (Out of any fiction) I'd be voting them in, horns, hair rollers and all(who needs a stylist when you have these guys lol)!  Stacia Kane has created a fantastic cast of characters here including Roc and Nick just to name a few.

I found Stacias writing easy to read and flowed well and I found the relationships aspect in this book have been taken up a notch.  There are a few things going on throughout but the tension that builds between Megan and Greyson verges on unbearable mainly for the fact I couldn't read quick enough to find out what happens next.

Admitedly, this series may not be for everyone but I loved it.  I can't wait to see what happens next for Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...