Thursday, March 11, 2010

Original Sin by Allison Brennan

Title:  Original Sin
Author:  Allison Brennan
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher:  Bantam
Publication Date: February 2010
Stand alone or series:  Series
Book Length: 442
First LineNo one could heaer Moira's piercing screams; they were in her head, as trapped as she was by the ancient demon who was luring the man she loved to his death.

Sypnosis
Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O'Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother, Fiona, whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moira's global search has led her to a small California town that's about to become hell on earth.
Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can't explain, ex-seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira's dangerous quest. But Fiona is one devilish step ahead. Hungry for greater power, eternal youth, and stunning beauty, the sorceress is unleashing upon the mortal world the living incarnations of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Together with a demonologist, a tough female sheriff, and a pair of star-crossed teenagers, Moira and Rafe are humanity's last chance to snatch salvation from the howling jaws of damnation.


My Thoughts 
Fantastic Book!  I'm so glad I spotted this on another Book Blogger's site otherwise I probably wouldn't have come across this for a while!!

I loved all the characters in this book.  Allison has done a brilliant job going from character to character and bringing us closer to the way they think and feel.  Moira's a strong, courageous and stubborn heroine, and together with the ever mysterious clear headed Rafe, they make a good team.  Add in an arrogant demonologist and a level-headed cop and you have a wonderful cast of characters.  Not to mention the bad guys which I shall leave for you all to find out about :)

Majority of  the story is set in a small town called Santa Louisa where everyone knows everybody else.  I found this a tad bit cliche but for this story to work it had to be added into the mix I think.

The writing was steady paced and not slowed down by heavy description which is another reason I enjoyed this book.  If I didn't have to go to work I would have read this from start to finish because I needed to know what happened next.

Although it says its a Paranormal Romance, I found that the romance in this was quite light considering.

If your looking for a great story weaved in with magic, demons and action I recommend you give this book a try.  

The second book Carnal Sin will be out 22 June 2010 (as Allison Brennan's website says)  I can't wait for it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! Wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to for Carnal Sin to be released either! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...